It’s alleged that on January 8, 2022, in Kwania, there was a wedding ceremony at the home of Okori Stephen…
Kwania – January 12, 2022: Murder is becoming high in Lango sub-region and many factors are contributing to it.
Towards the end of 2021, more than 10 were either murdered or committed suicide in Oyam, Kwania, Lira, Kole, and other districts.
In the months of June, July and August 2021, Lango sub-region recorded more than 15 murder cases.
In an interview with the North Kyoga Regional Police spokesperson, ASP Jimmy Patrick Okema last year on the issue, he said murder cases is rising in Lango because of relationship issues, land wrangles and domestic violence
According to Okema, the territorial command in Kwania district are investigating the murder of Akidi Harriet,38, and a resident of Alam village, Aluka parish Inono sub-county in Kwania.
It’s alleged that on January 8, 2022, there was a wedding ceremony at the home of Okori Stephen in Borokango cell western ward Inomo town council and disco as well.
Later at around 5:00 am, according to ASP Okema, the defence secretary of Borokango cell and others went to the area LCI informing him of a woman found beaten badly by unknown people at the venue.
- On 19, July, ASP Patrick Jimmy Okema updated the media about the murder in Iceme, Oyam North in Oyam district.
- The gruesome murder happened to Kazura Jonathan, 36 years of age.
- He was killed by his brother, Ogom Jonathan, 30.
- Two days before Iceme’s incident, on July 17, 2021, in Kole district, Odongo Daniel alias Okello Ambrose, 24, was murdered.
- His suspected killer, according to the North Kyoga Police spokesperson was Odongo Denis, 20.
“The LCI responded and confirmed the lady lying and bleeding from the forehead, she was immediately rushed to a nearby clinic but later taken to Aduku Health Center IV for treatment though she died along the way to the health centre.”
The PRO says a case file of assault was registered but now amended to murder at Inomo police station under CRB 07/2022.
Her body was taken to Aduku Health Center IV mortuary pending postmortem – as of January 9.
One suspect has been arrested to help in Investigation.