UNBS: “The payment notice is generated and sent through the e-system to the client using the email provided.”
Kampala – January 11, 2022: Uganda National Bureau of Standards (UNBS) has issued a requirement for companies or individuals interested in certifying their products.
The online application demands the following requirements:
- Valid email address
- Tax Identification Number (TIN) from Uganda Revenue Authority (URA).
- Product labels/marking
- Certificate of Business Registration from URSB headquarters.
- Production process Flow chart or production process description
- Lira millers irked by UNBS short ultimatum for certification
- UNBS shuts down over 40 maize milling factories in Lira
- Names of 19 people hurt in Lira Fuso lorry fatal road crash
“Registration for Product Certification is free of charge!” the Bureau says.
Once you complete registration, the Bureau adds that the information applicants have submitted to it is evaluated for completeness and adequacy.
“Any concerns with the application are resolved at this stage before proceeding with the process.”
The applicant or company is then billed for testing fees and certification permit fees.
The payment notice is generated and sent through the e-system to the client using the email provided.