By Paul Eseru
Nwoya—20, July 2020: Achan Judith Peace is such a confident, charismatic, articulate and multifaceted leader of modern times who is well respected by her people of Nwoya and beyond.
Being heard and making a difference, those are the reasons Achan always wanted to get into politics since she was a teenager in high school.
Her insatiable passion for social justice, community development, making a tangible difference in the communities and resolving people’s problems sets Achan apart, thus making her an ideal candidate for the Woman MP of Nwoya.
Who is Achan Judith Peace?
Achan Judith Peace was born on 23rd April 1983 to the late Kinyera Alfred Donasiano (aka Lapwony Don) and Acayo Santa from Aporolala Wianaka, Got Apwoyo sub-county in Nwoya district.
She is happily married to Mr Mwani Amos of Koch Kal, Koch Goma Town Council, still in Nwoya district.
Achan Judith Started her Academic Career from Patongo-Akwe Primary School where she got her Primary Leaving Certificate.
She was admitted to Oxfard School for her Ordinary Level, where she obtained UCE. Later she joined Mbale Parents School for Advanced Level education, where she obtained her UACE certification.
Having excelled at A’level, Achan was admitted to the prestigious Gulu University located in Gulu Municipality, Northern Uganda, to pursue a bachelor’s degree in public administration and management.
Achan also holds a Post-Graduate Diploma in Financial Management from Uganda Management Institute (UMI).
She is currently pursuing her master’s degree in Refugees and Migration Studies from Uganda Martyrs University.
She is a charismatic leader with vast knowledge in leadership, administrative skills who has offered herself for a position of greater responsibilities to make the world a better place for all.
She is a good mobiliser of development, hardworking, accountable with good public relations to work with all and above all, God fearing.
Her professional summary.
• District Registration Officer National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) 2019/2020
• Director Peace Foundation 2013/2020
• Relationship Manager Housing Finance Bank 2011/2015
• Research Field Coordinator Uganda Salisbury University, USA 2007/2016
• Research Field Manager with Fulbright University USA 2009/2011
• Research Enumerator NUSAF Project with Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) 2009/2010
• Research Enumerator International Criminal Court (ICC) 2007
• Team Leader Survey for War Affected Youth (SWAY) Uganda 2006/2010
• Program Assistant African Revival 2007/2008
• Polling Assistant Electoral Commission, 2001
Other leadership & certifications
• District Woman Member of Parliament, NRM flag bearer and Member of the NRM National Executive Committee (NEC)
• District Chairperson NRM Women’s Leagues, Nwoya.
• Vice Chairperson Mother’s Union, Nwoya Archdeaconry, Nwoya district 2015.
• Currently, a treasurer with Ariya Clan.
• Minister for Gender and Women’s Affairs, Gulu University Guild 2006/2007.
• Guild Representative to Student’s Guild, Gulu University 2007/2008.
• Chairperson Acholi Gulu University Student’s Association, 2006/2007
• Assistant Head Girl, Oxfard College 2000/2001
• General Secretary Student’s Disciplinary Committee, Oxfard College 2000/2001
• General Secretary UNSA, Kitgum district 2000/2001
• Chairperson Scripture Union, 2000/2001
•Games and Sport Prefect, Atanga Girls 1999
• Best performing staff of the year 2011, Housing Finance Bank.
Other (short) trainings
• Public Health
• Monitoring and Evaluation
• Business planning
• HIV Counselling
• Agricultural Lending and Bee Keeping Project
• Youth, Development and Health
• Psychosocial Counselling.
Achan’s accomplishments in Nwoya
• Donated an ambulance to her people of Nwoya to help facilitate the transport.
• She was the first person in Acholi sub-region to donate items worth millions to the Covid-19 task-force.
• Supported the Village Savings with grants and financial Literacy.
• In education department, she supported the schools with educational materials like textbooks, sports equipment and currently supporting some pupils and students with school fees and scholastic materials.
• In Agriculture, offered training to farmers on agricultural lending, post harvesting, branding and market opportunity, supported the farmers with seeds, grants and farming tools
• Fully facilitated the LCI training on the local council court.
• Organised post-election dialogue.
• Maintained constant contact with the local leaders.
It is against this background that the people of Nwoya must unanimously unite and support Achan Judith for the District Woman Member of Parliament, Nwoya District—2021-2026.
For God and My Country
The author is a National Resistance Movement (NRM) youth cadre from Eastern Uganda (Teso).