National—18, July 2020: The Ministry of Health on Saturday morning announced six new cases for Friday out of 3,696 total samples tested.
The cumulative total confirmed cases of Ugandans are now 1,062, the same Ministry added.
Of the six new cases, one was alert from Buikwe district, five are returnees who were under quarantine at the time of test.
According to the Ministry, four returned from South Africa; one Indian, a resident of Uganda, who returned from India.
26 foreign truck drivers tested positive for Covid-19 at the border points of entry and their entry into the country was not permitted.
- 166 Ugandans, 20 foreigners admitted over Covid-19
- Health Minister Dr Ruth Aceng chooses Lira over Oyam
- Dr Jane Aceng hands over an ambulance to Lira RRH, commends medics
- There are now 169 active cases on admission.
- Ugandans on admission are 145.
- Foreigners on admission are 22 and;
- Refugees on admission are 2.
Country’s total recoveries that includes both Ugandans and foreigners are now 1,048.
2,748 samples from points of entry were tested on Friday whilst 948 samples from alerts and contacts.
Editorial: email@example.com Publication’s WhatsApp No. + 256 752 169 448.