TND News has since last week commenced publishing job vacancies across the country. This will be running every Monday and Friday – the TND News Founder & CEO said last week.
Today, we have top companies and organisations with available juicy jobs for grabs.
Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited (UEDCL)
UEDCL is a limited liability company incorporated in Uganda under the company act. UEDLC owns the 33kv and below voltage electricity distribution network and all the operational assets associated with the business currently leased to UMEME Ltd. The company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans for the following role.
Job title: Driver
Number of positions: 05
Accountable to: Estates officer
Department: Human Resource and Administration
Duty station: Kampala
- Transport materials over land
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical terms and safety issues and perform preventative maintenance
- Picking materials for delivery, based on an authorization from the stores in line with company policy
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Document and log/rest periods as well as with company policies and procedures
- Collect and verify delivery instructions
- Report defects, accident or violations
- Coordinate with other entities and stakeholders in the electricity industry to ensure that the work is undertaken in line with government agenda
- Generate timely progress reports on project works, materials utilizations, and preparation of payment certificates
- And other duties assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- A minimum of A level certificate
- At least five years of experience in truck driving
- A valid driving licence with preferable classes CH and DH
- Ability to drive long distances and travel regularly
- Ability to work under pressure
- The minimum age limit is 35 years and above
How to apply
All interested candidates who wish to join UEDCL in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to visit our website www.uedcl.co.ug: select ‘Careers’ to view the job detail and follow the application instructions. After reviewing the job detail, candidates uploads should not exceed 1MB.
Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is Friday 24 2020 at 5pm.
2. Ability Explored
Ability Explored is an organisation that fosters tangible societal transformation by offering recruitment services, capacity building services, practical skills, motivational talks, counselling and mentorship programmes through six pillars including; inspiration, innovation, education, vocational skills, financial inclusion and health awareness.
One of the fastest growing secondary schools is looking to recruit a headmistress prior to the beginning of term one.
- Determining the organisation of the school
- Ensure ongoing maintenance of the school premises
- Administering the school’s budget
- Supervising the school and guide staff and students
- Working with staff and students to create the most effective educational environment possible
- Enforcing disciplinary roles, codes of ethics and preventing potential safety violation
- Organising all school tasks to be accomplished
- Acting as a consultant for his stakeholders
- Giving legal and professional advice to the teaching and non-teaching staff
- Attending meetings both local and international levels for the benefit of the school
- Res[possible for accountability of everything on the school
- Monitoring teaching activities to ensure the school runs smoothly and according to the standards of the ministry of education.
Qualifications and skills required
- Highly ethical and professional
- Knowledgeable in running a secondary school
- Knowledgeable of teaching and ability to design courses
- Leadership and business management skills
- Ability to work well with others
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly to meet changing needs
- Ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Flexible and open to change
- Basic computer knowledge
- Maximum qualification of a bachelor’s degree in education from a recognised university
- Teaching experience not less than 5 years is required
- Experience in administration is an added advantage
How to apply
All suitably qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to send their electronic applications and CVs to the human capital manager, Ability Explored, to P.O. Box 26939 Kampala, through firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 24, January 2020 at 5pm
Jinja District Service Commission
Applications are invited from suitable qualified Ugandans to fill the undermentioned vacant posts. Applications should be submitted in triplicate on Public Service Commission Form 3 (2008) to the Secretary District Service Commission P.O. Box 1551, Jinja to be received not later than 31st January 2020.
|S/n||Post title||Salary scale||Department||No. of vacancies|
|1||Secretary district land board||U3||Admin||1|
|3||Assistant records officer||U5||Admin||3|
|5||Principal Health Inspector||U3||Health||1|
|11||Tourism Officer||U4||Trade and Industry||1|
|12||Community Development Officer||U4||CBS||1|
|13||Education Dev’t Officer [SN]||U4||Education||1|
|14||Education Assistant [Grade III]||U7||Education||8|
|JINJA MUNICPAL COUNCIL|
|8||Health Information Assistant||U7||Health||1|
Details of the advertised jobs can be accessed from any of the following points: Ministry of Public Service Website www.publicservice.go.ug, Jinja District Local Government Website www.jinjahealthoffice.go.ug, and other offices.
Kakira Sugar Limited
Job Titles: Chief Education Administrator, Education Officer and Inspector of Schools
Kakira Sugar Limited is a leading sugar manufacturing company of milk white sugar and is looking for qualified, experienced and motivated individuals for the positions of Chief Education Administrator, Inspector of Schools and Education Officer. The successful candidates will be expected to professionally manage the Education section to achieve and deliver quality performance. The section has seven nursery schools, eight primary schools and one secondary school: (with A and O level), with a total enrolment of over three thousand pupils/students.
Job Responsibilities: Reporting to Chief Education Administrator, the successful applicant will provide effective and efficient operational administrative support to the Nursery, Primary and Secondary schools and the Education management team. He/she will be responsible for operational planning and administration of a range of core functions in the academic area and will also take responsibility for the administration of Boards and Committees. Will be responsible for extra-curricular activities and welfare of all persons in education section
Job Skills: Excellent computer skills.
Job Qualifications: Must be registered as a teacher with the Ministry of Education and Sports.
Job Education Requirements:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Education or Bachelor’s degree with a post graduate Diploma in Education from a recognized University.
• A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
Job Experience Requirements: Have at least four (4) years working experience in schools/education administration.
How to Apply
Applications with certified Photostat copies of testimonials, certificates and curriculum vitae, indicating daytime telephone number, contact addresses of two referees should be sent to:
Mr. Moses H. Thenge, Human Resources Manager, Kakira Sugar Limited
P.O. Box 121, Jinja – Uganda. Tel. 0414-444000 or Email to: email@example.com
Geseilschaft fiir Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ)
The German Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) has commissioned the Geseilschaft fiir Internationale Zusammenarbeit(GIZ) with the Programme “Strengthening Governance and Civil Society in Uganda”, co—funded by the European Union. The main objective of the programme is that selected state and civil society actors in Uganda are in better position to work towards the compliance with human rights and governance principles (transparency, accountability, efficient and effective management and political participation) in their respective areas of responsibility. Structurally, the programme focuses on 3 main components: 1) Strengthening Accountability 2) Strengthening Human Rights and 3) Strengthening Civil Society.
In the area of civil society support GIZ, co-funded by the EU, focusses on: (1) creating an enabling environment, (2) foster political participation and (3) capacity building for civil society organizations (CSO). CUSP is following a speciﬁc approach utilizing the experience already made at the level of certain GIZ sector support and development programmes as well of the EU National Indicative Programme (NIP).
The programme component (1) creating an enabling environment cooperates closely with the other programme components (2) foster politic participation and (3) capacity building for CSOs which will be primarily be Implemented through the hubs in Kampala, Gulu, Mbale and three mobile hubs
Job Title: Public Relations and Communications Officer (Governance and Civil Society Programme -CUSP)
Reports to: Head of Programme
Duty station: Kampala/Uganda
Re N0: GIZ-RELAPU/D/012001.
The Public Relations and Communications Officer will be responsible for:
- Implementation and monitoring of the visibility and communication plan of the project.
- Mainstream communication and visibility within the overall GIZ Programme and partner organisations.
- Ensure regular communication on project progress, innovations and results internally and externally through different channels using different approaches.
- Foster publication of programme content.
- Facilitate and organize the communication and visibility efforts of the project
- Further reﬁne the communication and visibility plan and strategy in line with EU requirements.
- Structure and implement the corresponding visibility monitoring including press and media monitoring.
- Give technical advice to colleagues, communication focal points and partner organisations on the EU requirements for communication and visibility.
- Give input on partner organisation’s visibility, communication and awareness material activities, if requested.
- Refine and develop communication and awareness material for the programme and the topics it is addressing for different target groups, in different formats and for different channels.
- Organise press/ media tours and the coverage of different events and interventions in press/media.
- Compile a quarterly CUSP newsletter.
- Regularly feed social media channels.
- Document success stories for different target audiences, in different formats and for different communication channels.
- Conceptualize and develop a short film or documentary on CUSP.
- Ensure the correct use of logos and disclaimers by the CUSP programme, all advisers and partners.
Other duties/additional tasks
- Ensure the ex-post publication of Information on Contractors and Grant Beneﬁciaries of the CUSP programme.
- Strengthen communication for and about civil society engagements in the policy formulation at national and local levels;
- Contribute to dialogue and exchange between different stakeholders (state actors, NGOs, civil society) on relevant topics.
- University degree in public relations, communication, Journalism, communication for development or similar field.
Job Education Requirements: University degree
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in the preparation and implementation of communication and awareness raising strategies.
- Extensive experience in dealing with media.
- Experience in the communication of EU funded programmes.
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English, knowledge of local languages and German is an added value.
How to Apply
All interested and qualified persons are strongly encouraged to apply by submitting their application and CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting the position you are applying for and the reference N0. As the subject.
Applications should be received by 5.00pm on the 31st January 2020.
Please note: This is a national position. Application should be in one document and a maximum of 4 pages only. No other attachments are required at this stage.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We encourage women, people with disabilities and minority groups to apply for this position. GIZ is committed to equal opportunities and diversity of perspective at the working place.
Disclaimer: GIZ does not charge any kind of fees (s) at whichever stage