WITH 2018 coming to a close, everyone is eager to roll off the 2018 curtain for 2019. With more than 360 days it will have, there must be commitment each minute to ensure 2018 unaccomplished projects; tasks are extensively finished in its first quarter or by its close by December.
TND Inspiration Desk takes you through eleven key “DOs” in 2019. Read on.
1. Chase something in the entire 365 days “without having”something particular in mind to achieve. Start a building project, buy a car,pay some school fees, start some job. Just do something.
2. Associate,dine or walk with people wiser or stronger than you. In 2019, surround yourself with people who will inspire you, who will make you feel you can do better, who will challenge you on.
3. Check your dressing code or look. Don’t put on ‘anything’ just because it covers your nudity.Your appearance tells a lot about you. Iron your dress neatly. Don’t wear dresses in the name of fashion or trend. Wear more decent but fitting dresses.This is the slogan: Simple but fashionable.
4. Check how you talk. Before you open your mouth, be minded of who you are talking to, where you are talking, when you are talking and also know that your integrity is at stake. In every situation, choose silence over speech unless you don’t have any option.
5. Visit old people’s home, your family to appreciate them. Go to orphanage and attend to children in need of singular care. Don’t let them feel unwanted or neglected in the scheme of things.
6. In 2019, be more prayerful – look up to God. You can’t live your life thinking things occur merely logically. There’s a Supreme Being who makes things happen, pray to him.
7. In 2019, start thinking or planning towards doing more for humanity. Put your energy into giving, sharing and ensure your company or one you work for or with carry out Corporate Social Responsibility [CSR].
8. In 2019, always think optimistically while being reasonable. When you see tigers praying to God, don’t join them. You can be positive that they won’t ‘chop’ you since they are praying but be realistic too that after the prayers, they’ll remain tigers and God will feed them with flesh.
9. Buy gifts for your love ones. In 2019, try and do something ‘small’ for parents. You have no idea what goes on in their minds. Let them feel you are not far off
10. In 2019, invest more, save less, spend less. Put your money into investment ventures. Buy buy shares, buy fixed deposits, import some goods and sell, be a stockbroker, etc. In fact, get more than one stream of income!
11. Many celebrated names have gone and life goes on. The point is, don’t work your life out. You won’t take your work with you when you die. You are not as important as you think, calm down. Take time off work, go and do medical check-up, visit your family, visit gardens or the beach and appreciate nature, etc.